NATCO Conduit Telephone Tile

NATCO Conduit Telephone Tile 2 8-3-17NATCO Conduit Telephone Tile 3 8-3-17NATCO Conduit Telephone Tile 4 8-3-17NATCO Conduit Telephone Tile 5 8-3-17NATCO Conduit Telephone Tile 6 8-3-17NATCO Conduit Telephone Tile 7 8-3-17

Location found: Nelsonville, Ohio, 8/3/17

Weight: 103lb 0.0oz

Dimensions: 41 5/8 x 8 3/4 x 8 3/4in

Manufactured by National Fireproofing Corporation, also known as NATCO, in Haydenville between 1906 and 1958. NATCO existed in Haydenville Ohio from 1906, when they purchased Haydenville Mining & Manufacturing Company. They re-branded from National fireproofing corporation, to NATCO in 1933. For more information on NATCO, see Haydenville Company History.

These tiles were used to carry wires and utilities underground. Many of these tiles would be connected in a row, then buried. They protected and separated the wires.

NATCO Conduit Telephone Tile

NATCO Conduit Telephone Tile 2 8-5-17NATCO Conduit Telephone Tile 3 8-5-17NATCO Conduit Telephone Tile 4 8-5-17NATCO Conduit Telephone Tile 5 8-5-17

From the 2017 Fairfield Brick Swap, 8/5/17

Weight: 42lb 9.5oz

Dimensions: 12 3/8 x 12 1/2 x 8 5/8in

Manufactured by National Fireproofing Corporation, also known as NATCO, in Haydenville between 1906 and 1958. NATCO existed in Haydenville Ohio from 1906, when they purchased Haydenville Mining & Manufacturing Company. They re-branded from National fireproofing corporation, to NATCO in the 1930’s. For more information on NATCO, see Haydenville Company History.

These tiles were used to carry wires and utilities underground. Many of these tiles would be connected in a row, then buried. They protected and separated the wires.

Haydenville Company History

Haydenville was founded in 1853 by Peter Hayden. He started Haydenville Mining & Manufacturing Company in 1883. Peter Hayden died in 1888, and in 1906, National Fireproofing Corporation bought Haydenville Mining & Manufacturing Company. National Fireproofing Corporation re-branded in the 1930’s to NATCO, and continued to manufacture the same products until 1958. The buildings were sold to their residents in 1965. The original company buildings and kilns were destroyed in the 1980’s.

Haydenville was located along the Hocking Canal, which was completed in 1838, and the Columbus and Hocking Valley Railroad, opened in 1869. All products from Haydenville Mining & Manufacturing and NATCO were transported on this railroad.

NATCO Rockfaced Glazed Building Block

NATCO Rockfaced Glazed Building Block 2 7-28-17NATCO Rockfaced Glazed Building Block 3 7-28-17NATCO Rockfaced Glazed Building Block 4 7-28-17NATCO Rockfaced Glazed Building Block 5 7-28-17

From the 2017 Nelsonville Brick Swap, 7/28/17

Weight: 33lb 13.2oz

Dimensions: 16 x 8 x 8in

Manufactured by National Fireproofing Corporation, also known as NATCO, in Haydenville between 1906 and 1958. NATCO existed in Haydenville Ohio from 1906, when they purchased Haydenville Mining & Manufacturing Company. They re-branded from National fireproofing corporation, to NATCO in the 1930’s. Many older homes are made from these blocks, especially those that were near the railroads and stations, because that was the main form of transporting Haydenville’s products. For more information on NATCO, see Haydenville Company History.